Saturday, June 7, 2008

Blogroll Theme of the Day: Zen

You may have noticed that I just tacked a couple more links on my Blogosphere Ephemera section over there in the lower right. Somehow, they both ended up with a Zen thing going on -- completely unintentional, but you can make of it what you will.

First up is Zen Biking by Steve Fuller. Steve and family (hi, Kathy and Connor!) used to be our next-door neighbors, sharing a driveway (and the joy of shoveling it with every snowstorm). You couldn't ask for better neighbors -- they kept our yard maintained and helped Carla get my much-needed recliner into the house while I was recovering from my broken leg. Steve's a high-mileage animal on two wheels (or three, when he had the trike), and although I don't think I could keep up with him on a bike, at least I can keep up with his exploits on his blog.

Continuing with the Zen theme, I've added Zen and the Art of Bicycle Building by Ethan Labowitz. I can't say that I know a lot about Ethan other than seeing his name pop up in some of the online fora that I haunt. However, after perusing his blog, it seems obvious that this guy is putting a lot of thought into how bikes come together. I think if I wanted to become a framebuilder, I'd pursue it the same way Ethan has. Since I know my level of mechanical/metalworking skill and the limits of my health insurance, I'll just leave that to Ethan and live vicariously.

No comments: