Thursday, July 17, 2008

Psst... Are They Gone Yet?

Let's see, consult any Iowa media outlet at any hour of the day... um, nope.

RAGBRAI starts next week.

I should have known by all the people I've seen gamely trying to cram months of training into the last four days, on bikes so new they still have the warning tags fluttering from their front quick-release skewers.

I'll wait to launch the full rant (most likely split into several bite-sized rants) for a few more days, when I have the bike racks, trails, and streets to myself.

(Ulterior motive: I fear that speaking ill of the Register's Annual Great Beer Run Across Iowa while its cult-like minions are still in town will get me beaten to a bloody pulp. And as much as I love the sound of my snarkiness, it ain't worth bleeding for.)

No comments: