Saturday, January 17, 2015

It's Steve Week At The Cycle

First, a reader contribution from our engineer Steve K, and now I've learned that frequent commenter, former neighbor, and all around good dude Steve F is giving a talk on bikepacking at next weekend's Iowa Bike Expo. I think we can now officially say that on these pages, Steves are "a thing."

Granted, I'm still not 100% sure what bikepacking is -- I think it's what we used to call "loaded touring" except that you aren't allowed to use panniers and thus have to buy a whole new set of bags. But Pal Steve F is a no-fooling expert on the subject, finisher of all sorts of epic (yes, really epic, not Rapha fake-epic) gravel events, and bear-snack-in-training for the 2015 edition of the Tour Divide. I missed it when he participated in a Trans Iowa Clinic (probably for the best, as it would have given me ideas), but I'm definitely putting this chat on my calendar.

So if you find yourself in Central Iowa next Saturday (January 24) looking to have some knowledge dropped upon you, head over to room 302 of the Iowa Events Center and say howdy to Steve.

Meanwhile, I'll be working on the lyrics to "Steves I Know", based on this Kids in the Hall classic:

2 comments:

S.Fuller said...

As Flavor Flav said "Don't Believe the Hype." That said, you now have to wear a large clock around your neck whenever we're together. :)

Jason T. Nunemaker said...

Yeah, boyeeee!