Friday, February 6, 2009

Another Job I Want

Some may recall my public plea to Wald to hire me as a writer. So far, that attempt at career development has fallen on deaf ears (Wald people, I'm serious, let's talk), but in the meantime, I've found something else I'd like to be when I grow up.

On my commute home today, I noticed some kind of crane/construction thing parked on one of the bridges in downtown Des Moines with its boom swung out over the river. At the end of that boom hung a wrecking ball. And the operator of said machine was using the wrecking ball to smash up ice jams under the bridge, picking it up and slamming it down again and again on the floes of ice clogging the river below. Wham! Wham!


Talk about appealing to my inner five-year-old. City of Des Moines, the next time you're hiring ice-breaker-uppers, I'm in.

No comments: