Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thanks, Virtual Pals

Yep, I'm back in the blogging saddle. Many thanks for all the kind words after my recent loss. My grandfather was one of a kind, and he'll be missed by more people than even I would have imagined. The ice cream places around Oregon, IL are probably already seeing the drop in business, since the family legend is that ice cream comes in four sizes: small, medium, large, and Grandpa Taft.

I was especially touched to read the thread about his passing on trapshooters.com -- he was an avid shooter most of his life, and was even inducted into the Illinois State Trapshooters Hall of Fame in 2002. At the funeral, the grandkids joked that if we suggested a 21-gun salute, more than enough people would be able to pull shotgun cases out of their cars and oblige.


Anyway, thanks again, and I'll be back to my old self by the next post.

No comments: