- LimpStrong 3.0? Nope, didn't do that.
- Distance rides on a fixed-gear? Nope, not that one either.
- Getting a bike older than me? Yep. Not much of an accomplishment, but whatever.
- More tandem rides? Not really.
- More nephew time? Yeah, though still not enough.
- More better blogging? Well, there was more. I'll leave it to my reader(s) to judge better.
This year, I'm going to try to distill all my goals into three simple ideas: Less stuff, more riding, less me.
"Less stuff" because I know I have bike hoarding tendencies. Do I really need a stack of six spare tires? A box of unused brake levers? Two extra water bottle cages for every bike? A dozen variations on bike luggage? Or -- brace for blasphemy -- more than one good solo bike? Probably not. So I'm going to make a concerted effort to reduce my stash.
"More riding" is obvious, I hope. Don't futz with the bike so much. Just ride the dang thing.
And "less me" should be a result of "more riding" -- I hope. The body mass index charts say I should drop 30 pounds of bacon and donuts from my midsection. That seems nuts, but I'll give it a shot.
Okay, it's out there. Less stuff, more riding, less me. No ducking it now.
Thanks to all my readers for tolerating my babble in '09. Have a safe and happy new year, and I'll do my darndest to entertain you, inform you, and/or treat your insomnia in 2010.