Thursday, October 4, 2007

Oh Crikey, Almost 2 Weeks to LimpStrong

I wish I could say that the lack of LimpStrong training updates reflects the countless hours I've spent training for that epic event.

Yeah, dream on, pal.

I started with the hypothesis (copped from an old magazine) that if you can consistently ride 100 miles in a week, you can ride 100 miles in a day -- the wheeled equivalent of, "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"

That quickly degraded to the hypothesis that if you think you can consistently ride 100 miles in a week, then you should be able to ride 100 miles in a day. Same idea, with some "Little Engine That Could" mixed in.

On the bright side, I did tick over the 1,500 annual miles mark this week, and only 600 of those miles happened before the broken femur. Not shabby for someone who needed two nurses pulling on a strap around his chest just to get his busted-up butt out of bed five months ago. LimpStrong, baby!

No comments: