There, I said it. LimpStrong 3.0 will take place on October 17. If it doesn't happen, I submit myself to a public e-flogging.
New readers of The Cycle may be sticking their fingers through their helmet vents for a good head-scratching right now. You do wear your helmet while reading, right? after all, my prose can get dizzying, which could lead to head injuries. To you, I submit my first-ever History Through Hyperlinks!
1. A silly idea takes root.
2. Apprehension sets in.
3. Apprehension turns to terror.
4. Our hero emerges triumphant.
5. Do I smell hubris?
6. No, just lactic acid... and success!
7. Again? Seriously?
In next year's history lesson, this post will be called "Dumb motivating goals that ain't ever gonna happen." What goals, you ask? Try these...
- Maybe I will do this puppy on the fixed. Never mind that I have just about ZIP for fixed mileage this year and said fixed is hanging incomplete from the garage hooks right now, less than two months from the Big Day.
- Or, maybe 100 miles isn't enough challenge. What about 200 kilometers? That's (fumbles through memory banks to find tiny snippet of the metric system taught to him on "Feigning Interest in European Things" day during his education in an American public school)... about 125 miles, no?