Monday, January 7, 2008

The Off-Season Ends Tomorrow

That's right, kids. I'm baaaaaack...

After one month split between the bus and carpooling, I couldn't take it any more. My mind and my legs were turning to Cream of Wheat. So I called up the lovably cantankerous (or is it cantankerously lovable?) Peter White of the eponymous Peter White Cycles and ordered up a set of Nokian studded winter tires. As of tomorrow, I'm back to my old, mildly deranged ways, terrorizing the streets of Des Moines on rubber that looks like something out of Mad Max.

For the record, rumors that Peter White is a cum laude graduate of the Bruce Gordon Charm School are 100% false. I found him to be an absolute pleasure on the phone -- and the tires arrived exactly when he said they would, even with a holiday tucked in there. Thanks, Peter!

Now where did I put the battery charger for my lights?

3 comments:

Frostbike said...

Riding a bike in the winter? That's a sure sign that you've got it bad...

Scott Clark said...

OK, the people need to see a picture of this setup.

Perhaps I shouldn't point out that it's going to be 75 degrees and sunny here today, and that my only layer was a light wool sweater this morning. It's enough to lift even my foul mood....

Todd Van Campen said...

Good to read that you are getting back in the saddle!