Friday, January 2, 2009

Changes Afoot at The Cycle

Astute readers -- like I have any other kind (he said, pandering) -- may have noticed that I'm tweaking my own little corner of Blogland like some bored minor deity. For instance, the page is now graced with an extreme closeup of my ugly mug which may be used to frighten small children, induce vomiting, or prove evolution. I've also given people the option to subscribe to this blather -- at almost half off the cover price! And, neatest of all, my blogroll now provides some context for each blog and sorts by "freshness", rolling the most-recently updated blogs to the top of the list. So, bloggers in the roll, if you're sitting in last place for too long, it means your blog has that "not-so-fresh" feeling.

New in the blogroll is Alex Wetmore Is Always Busy With Something by (logically enough) Alex Wetmore. Alex is the gracious host of the iBOB mailing list, an occasional test pilot for Bicycle Quarterly, and a bike-tinkerer of the highest order. I'm convinced the guy doesn't sleep. Lucky for the rest of us, he does find time to blog on his bikely pursuits.

Finally, you've probably noticed the return of Google-inserted spam, despite my lofty proclamation that The Cycle would be ad-free. I'm sure I can come up with some lame justification for that, given enough time. In the meantime, you may abuse me as a sellout for raking in a whole take-a-penny, leave-a-penny tray's worth of loose change for my writerly labors.

No comments: