Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Bucket List: Checked

Dear Spouse and I recently spent a long weekend in Columbus, Ohio. Yes, you heard me correctly: I vacationed in Columbus Frickin' Ohio. The rumors you've heard about the jet-setting, party-never-stops lifestyle of the amateur blogger are true.

During our journey, we took a short side trip out to New Bremen, Ohio, home of the Bicycle Museum of America. That website may be a trip back in time in an entirely unintended way (I kid! I kid!), but the museum? Wow. I can almost guarantee that even the most jaded bike nerd will see at least one bike in the collection they've only seen in a book, and maybe one more they didn't even know existed.

I intend to share and possibly pontificate upon all sorts of lousy photos I took in the museum, but for now, here's one from Dear Spouse, capturing me achieving a Major Life Goal:


That, dear friends (like I have to tell you) is Pee Wee Herman's bike from the greatest cycling film ever committed to celluloid, Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Think I'm wrong? In the words of Mr. Herman himself, "I know you are, but what am I?"

I tried to buy the bike, but it's not for sale, Francis.

No comments: